As if yesterday’s blog post and the top-ten lists in this week’s paper weren’t enough, I’ve got still one more list for 2010. Below you’ll find my selections for this year’s Village Voice jazz critics poll—the results of which will run in either the December 29 or January 5 issue of that paper.
Top ten albums:
1. Jason Moran: Ten (Blue Note)
2. Parker/Guy/Lytton + Peter Evans: Scenes in the House of Music (Clean Feed)
3. John McNeil and Bill McHenry: Chill Morn He Climb Jenny (Sunnyside)
4. Marc Ribot: Silent Movies (Pi)
5. Atomic: Theater Tilters Vol. 1 (Jazzland)
6. Atomic: Theater Tilters Vol. 2 (Jazzland)
7. Ideal Bread: Transmit: Vol. 2 of the Music of Steve Lacy (Cuneiform)
8. Jason Adasiewicz: Sun Rooms (Delmark)
9. Mary Halvorson Quintet: Saturn Sings (Firehouse 12)
10. Jeb Bishop Trio: 2009 (Better Animal)
The rest of my ballot after the jump.