* Chris Connelly reads from Concrete, Bulletproof, Invisible + Fried: My Life as a Revolting Cock, an account of his adventures on the local industrial-disco scene, tonight at Quimby’s.
* Timuel D. Black discusses Bridges of Memory: Chicago’s First Wave of Black Migration and Bridges of Memory, Volume 2: Chicago’s Second Generation of Black Migration on Saturday at Revolution Books.
* Genius grant recipient and One Book, One Chicago honoree Stuart Dybek gives a lecture and reading entitled “Love, Modern and Postmodern” on Monday at Saint Xavier University.
* Erik Larson (The Devil in the White City et al) discusses “Reporting on the Past: The Craft of Nonfiction” on Monday at Northwestern.
* John Edgar Wideman reads from his latest novel, Fanon, on Monday at Harold Washington Library.