- Jonathan Daniel/Getty Images
- Adam Dunn: He’s a pitcher now.
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• About efforts to save Syrian cultural artifacts from destruction in the civil war? —Aimee Levitt
• About the difficulty the Obama administration has had building a national high-speed rail system? —Tal Rosenberg
• Rep. Jan Shakowsky on living for a week on minimum wage? —Tony Adler
• That the San Antonio Spurs have hired the NBA’s first female assistant coach? —Mick Dumke
• About how the Bears turned around their offense? —Tal Rosenberg
• That Adam Dunn’s relief pitching last night kept the White Sox within two touchdowns and a field goal? —Steve Bogira
• That brand-new Cub Javier Baez came through with the game-clinching home run in the 12th inning of his first major-league outing? —Deanna Isaacs
• About the enduring appeal of Weird Al Yankovic? —Aimee Levitt