- AP Photo/Matt Slocum
- Joakim Noah has some words for the haters.
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• That the U.S. Marshals Service has reportedly been flying planes outfitted to “mimic cellular towers, permitting the collection of thousands of unique IDs and location data from users”? —John Dunlevy
• That Apple is now worth more than the entire Russian stock market? —Megan Thielking
• About the gentrification of “single room occupancy” hotels in Chicago? —Steve Bogira
• That the Onion is (maybe) for sale? —Mara Shalhoup
• This history of the New York Times Styles section? —Tal Rosenberg
• About the Knowledge of London, the multipart taxi driver exam that may be the hardest test in the world? (Studying for it even changes the shape of your brain.) —Aimee Levitt
• About Joakim Noah telling the media and critics to “chill the fuck out” when it comes to Derrick Rose and his injuries? —Kevin Warwick
• About “Hedy Hey Hedy Hey Hedy Decky Decky Decky Decky Decky Decky Decky Decky”? —Gwynedd Stuart