- Mark Wilson/Getty Images
- He’s a country guy now, folks.
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, alarm, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• That criminal justice activists are meeting with White House officials today, urging President Obama to do more to help ex-offenders? —Steve Bogira
• This useful primer on the “seemingly arcane” but “politically explosive and ideologically charged” debate over how to determine poverty levels? —Kate Schmidt
• About various attempts to revive dying languages? —Aimee Levitt
• Whet Moser on “Why Bicycle Licensing (Almost) Never Works“? —John Dunlevy
• Louis Menand on the “x that changed the world” books? —Steve Bogira
• About an insane case of road rage that took place in Rogers Park? —Tal Rosenberg
• Some ideas for “Making Twitter Images Accessible” from 18F (part of the U.S. government’s General Services Administration)? —John Dunlevy
• About how much Koreans love watching strangers binge eat? —Julia Thiel
• That presidential candidate Ted Cruz switched from rock to country music after 9/11? —Mick Dumke
• About how many Icelanders still believe elves will bring bad luck to humans who disrupt their homes for construction projects? —Aimee Levitt