- Did you read it?
Each day Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• How old man Biden slaps the kid’s ears back? —Tony Adler
• This story, buried under all the debate blather, about the impending cyberattack that will have everyone demanding to know why we weren’t warned about the impending cyberattack? —J.R. Jones
• This pre-Facebook unfriending story that might remind you of your mother-in-law? —Deanna Isaacs
• Edmund White’s New York Review of Books essay on How To Be Gay by David M. Halperin? (White mentions what he himself learned years ago in gay coffee shops at Clark and Diversey.) —Steve Bogira
• This review of a new anthology in the Los Angeles Review of Books that functions as a kind of overview of conceptual writing? —Tal Rosenberg
• This article on the Atlantic Cities website about the recent experiment by Brooklyn Spoke blog author Doug Gordon in which he improved a painted bike lane by adding red Solo cup markers? (The subject is used as a launching pad to discuss “vehicular cycling” versus increased biker protection.) —Kevin Warwick (h/t Julia Thiel)
• This Spin interview with “Weird Al” Yankovic where he looks back on 20 years of “Smells Like Nirvana” and tries to bargle nawdle zouss? —Philip Montoro