- Darren McCollester/Getty Images for Boston Children’s Hospital
- His latest material isn’t so much of a party.
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• About closing the Mitt Romney loophole, and other plans for increasing taxes on the rich that President Obama will outline tonight in his State of the Union address? (Well, he’s not going to call it the Mitt Romney loophole.) —Steve Bogira
• That Bobby Jindal is, quite unsurprisingly, sticking with this whole “no-go zones” malarkey? —Drew Hunt
• About the construction of a giant new canal in Nicaragua? —Ben Sachs
• That the Coen brothers are presiding over the jury at this year’s Cannes Film Festival? —Drew Hunt
• This lesson in how to write a wonderful obit? —Deanna Isaacs
• Or hear the recording of Martin Luther King Jr., speaking from the pulpit at Beth Emet synagogue in Evanston in 1958? —Tony Adler
• Or see this video of Cookie Monster singing “Fade Into You” by Mazzy Star? —Aimee Levitt