Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, alarm, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• Or how the Oregon standoff might be covered by the U.S. media if it were happening in another country? —Kate Schmidt
• About the cat cafe that closed (temporarily) due to catlessness? —Aimee Levitt
• About what the active black hole V404 Cygni has been up to lately? (“Astronomers often refer to black holes as eating stars and gas. Apparently, black holes can also burp after their meal,” explains one researcher.) —Kate Schmidt
• Ryan Lizza mooning over Bill Clinton’s lunar cycle? —Steve Bogira
• Or watch this discussion about race between Stephen Colbert and Killer Mike? —Sue Kwong