- Exploding head syndrome: Did David Cronenberg diagnose it first?
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• That the 50th anniversary of the Civil Rights Act should remind us of an era in which “a large and confident majority believed that national action could expand opportunities and alleviate needless suffering”? —Steve Bogira
• The New Yorker‘s close look at Chris Christie’s, “barrelling,” bullying style? —Mick Dumke
• That French unions have negotiated a deal making it de rigueur for workers to ignore electronic messages from their bosses after 6 PM? —Tony Adler
• About exploding head syndrome? —Tony Adler
• About the cuisine of the Ozarks? —Aimee Levitt
• About the Ritz-Carlton’s $100 grilled cheese? (It’s made with Iberico ham, foie gras, and 40-year-old cheddar infused with flakes of 24-karat gold.) —Aimee Levitt
• About last night’s star-studded Nirvana reunion show? —Luca Cimarusti