Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, alarm, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• That scientists have discovered more than 1,500 bones from a previously unknown humanlike species in a nearly inaccessible part of a South African cave? —Julia Thiel
• About the crackdown on journalists in South Sudan? —Ben Sachs
• That John McCain has managed to insult Puppet-Americans? —Tony Adler
• About the double standard for male and female alcoholic writers? —Aimee Levitt
• Why it’s so hard to treat cyclists like people—and how what’s now referred to as an “accident” used to be known as “homicide by automobile”? —Julia Thiel
• About how one set of parents has decided to compensate for the wage gap that will exist between their son and daughter when they grow up? —Aimee Levitt