Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, alarm, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• The New Yorker‘s profile of former Ferguson, Missouri, cop Darren Wilson, who shot and killed Michael Brown last summer? —Mick Dumke
• And the Saint Louis Riverfront Times‘s profile of Dorian Johnson, Michael Brown’s friend who witnessed the shooting and killing last summer? —Aimee Levitt
• That BuzzFeed produced viral videos for Republican presidential candidates? —Drew Hunt
• About Brooklyn artist Nona Faustine, who as part of her series “White Shoes” has been posing naked at the sites of former slave markets in New York City? —Kate Schmidt
• That digital dance retailer Beatport has temporarily frozen payments to artists and labels as its parent company SFX (which owns local concert promotion company React Presents) goes private? —Leor Galil
• That rap duo Run The Jewels said “riots work” while discussing the legacy of Ferguson on BBC? —Tanner Howard