- Christian Petersen/Getty Images
- Please come to Chicago.
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• The Supreme Court has issued its latest ruling confirming that the EPA has the power to regulate greenhouse gas emissions? —Mick Dumke
• About the dearth of blacks and Latinos in New York’s elite public high schools? (Compared with Stuyvesant High School, Chicago’s Payton College Prep “is a multicultural paradise.”) —Steve Bogira
• That over 54,000 newsroom jobs have been lost since 2003? —Tony Adler
• About how Americans pronounce tech terms differently? —Lucy Wang
• That David Sedaris has embraced lifelogging? —Aimee Levitt
• About how tricky it will be for the Bulls to sign Carmelo Anthony? —Tal Rosenberg
• The oral history of Tortoise’s debut album, in which Sam Prekop gives the Reader‘s Peter Margasak a shout-out? —Leor Galil