Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• About how algorithmic filtering and net neutrality affect #Ferguson coverage? —Lucy Wang
• That Maryam Mirzakhani has become the first woman to win the highest award in mathematics? —Tony Adler
• That Buddy Cianci is again running for mayor of Providence, RI, after his previous time in office was cut short by convictions for racketeering and assault and battery? —Kerry Cardoza
• About Ray Rice and why problems in the NFL are so hard to discuss? —Tal Rosenberg
• That the owners of the rooftop clubs outside of Wrigley are (gasp!) mad and suing the city to block the stadium’s renovations? —Kevin Warwick
• That Jose Abreu and Anthony Rizzo should step aside: Pierce Jones had three homers and a triple as the south-side’s Jackie Robinson West All-Stars won their Little League World Series opener by the mercy rule? —Steve Bogira