- Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP
- The first business for America in Cuba after the embargo is lifted? Film an episode of Conan.
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, alarm, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• That thousands of people—most of them poor—are wrongfully convicted each year of crimes like robbery, burglary, and assault that don’t get the attention of lawyers and activists? —Mick Dumke
• About the newly finished restoration of Frank Lloyd Wright’s Mayan-influenced Hollyhock House, the first home he designed for LA (and his first post-Prairie style)? —Kate Schmidt
• About the director’s cut of Mark Christopher’s 54, which recently screened at the Berlinale? —Drew Hunt
• That yesterday’s NBA All-Star Game was the highest-scoring all-star game ever? —Tal Rosenberg
• That Conan O’Brien just filmed an episode of Conan in Cuba? —Cassidy Ryan
• This Hollywood Reporter interview with Lorne Michaels on the 40th anniversary of SNL, featuring questions like: “Why didn’t you hire Stephen Colbert when you had the chance?” —Tony Adler
• That there’s a new documentary about Malcolm Brenner, a zoophile who claims to have had a sexual relationship with a dolphin named Dolly? —Zara Yost