Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, alarm, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
- Drew Magary’s thoughts on Kobe Bryant, who announced that he is retiring from professional basketball after this season? —Tal Rosenberg
- About the policies and programs that have helped widen the economic inequality between different regions in the U.S. over the past three decades? —Ryan Smith
- About Kern County, California, where police “have killed more people per capita than in any other American county in 2015?” —John Dunlevy
- About how Bruce Rauner and his wealthy friends are trying to use their cash to influence and control Illinois politics? —Tal Rosenberg
- Or see this New Yorker cover, a collaboration between Chris Ware and This American Life, which turns into an animated story? —Sue Kwong