- Emmanuel Dunand/Getty
- Send in the clowns, because the elephants are done.
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, alarm, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• What the Attorney General has to say about the racial bias of the Ferguson Police Department? —Cassidy Ryan
• That to reduce the prison population significantly, we have to change our stance on violent offenders, too? —Steve Bogira
• That the Ringling Brothers circus will stop using elephants? —Brianna Wellen
• About the great McDonald’s takeover of South by Southwest? —Kevin Warwick
• That deaths from overdosing on heroin have tripled since 2010? —Mick Dumke
• That the Tonya Harding/Nancy Kerrigan affair is getting its own museum? (“Part of the museum team’s research has been the realization that everyone is either a Tonya or a Nancy.”) —Drew Hunt
• About the world’s oldest person, 117-year-old Mikao Osawa of Osaka, Japan, who was born in the Victorian age but says life seems “rather short”? —Kate Schmidt
• That descendants of Holocaust survivors have altered stress hormones? —Gwynedd Stuart