- Courtesy Thinkstock
- What’s the deal with eggs?
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, alarm, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• That Uber and other app-based “on-demand” jobs may be driving income inequality in the wrong direction? —Mick Dumke
• That PJ Paparelli, artistic director of Chicago’s American Theater Company, died as a result of a car crash while on vacation? —Tony Adler
• That Ireland is the first country to ask electorate about legalizing marriage equality? —Drew Hunt
• That egg lovers may soon be scrambling? —Steve Bogira
• About the tribal customs of wealthy New York stay-at-home moms, including annual wife bonuses? —Aimee Levitt
• This Dissent Q&A with Kwame Anthony Appiah about his new book on W.E.B. Du Bois? (“Part of what’s happening with Black Lives Matter is people are saying, look, we’ve had these interesting theoretical discussions. We’ve talked about race as a social construction. That’s all very well, but death is not a social construction.”) —Kate Schmidt
• That science isn’t perfect? —Drew Hunt