- AP Photo/The Abilene Reporter-News, Joy Lewis
- Is this man running for president?
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• That Jeb Bush is reportedly moving toward a run for president, though there are plenty of reasons why he shouldn’t? —Mick Dumke
• About the salaries of the leaders of Choose Chicago, the private but tax-supported convention bureau? (CEO Donald P. Welsh got nearly a half-million dollars in total compensation in 2012-13.) —Steve Bogira
• About Texan Eric Kennie, who won’t be able to vote this year because of the state’s new voter-ID law? —John Dunlevy
• That radio host Jian Ghomeshi, whose Q is/was heard on WBEZ, is apparently too kinky for the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation? —Tony Adler
• That we shouldn’t get our hopes up about positive thinking? —Steve Bogira
• That Al Capone’s house is for sale? (It’s got six bedrooms, a Jacuzzi tub, and a two-car garage. All yours for just $225,000!) —Aimee Levitt
• Physician and writer Atul Gawande on his favorite books? —Tal Rosenberg
• The creepy story behind the creepy Keane paintings of creepy big-eyed children? —Aimee Levitt
• That Get Your War On creator David Rees made a mashup of Aphex Twin and Taylor Swift? —Leor Galil