- Gareth Cattermole/Getty Images
- Tragedy plus time equals Madonna.
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, alarm, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• That you can make your contribution to Rand Paul’s presidential campaign with Bitcoins? —Steve Bogira
• How to build relationships in cultures that don’t do small talk? —Sue Kwong
• George Packer on the “free speech crisis in Bangladesh,” where a 26-year-old secular blogger was hacked to death by a couple of madrassah recruits who’d been told he was an “anti-Islamic person”? (Other bystanders looked on, but a MTF transgender beggar captured two of the killers, who “didn’t seem to know what blogging was.”) —Kate Schmidt
• That despite what everyone says, Los Angeles is actually pretty cool? —Drew Hunt
• About how eliminating one-way streets reduces traffic accidents? —Tal Rosenberg
• Perfect Pussy’s Meredith Graves on role models, New York City, and why men ruin everything? —Drew Hunt
• About Sweet Briar College, feminism, and Twin Peaks? —Aimee Levitt
• That Kristoffer Diaz, whose The Upstairs Concierge just opened at Goodman Theatre, has been named a Guggenheim fellow? —Tony Adler
• Or see this 3-D view of our body’s wasabi receptor? —Sue Kwong
• Or watch Madonna do stand-up? —Drew Hunt