Each day Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• The NYT this morning on the success of NPR’s “Morning Edition?” (“You can listen while multitasking,” Steve Inskeep says.) —Steve Bogira
• That the Philippine government has finally started working on a peace deal with a 40-year-old insurgent movement? —Ben Sachs
• The thing with the helmet cam view of Felix Baumgartner’s tumbling 24-mile skydive (or the Lego version of the jump?)? —Asher Klein
• That NYT story lots of people are talking about, zooming in on an Ohio diner? —Mick Dumke
• The New York Times Magazine‘s profile of cranky Christopher Kimball, founder of Cooks Illustrated? —Sam Worley
• This New York magazine behind-the-scenes piece on Bill Clinton’s DNC speech? —Tal Rosenberg