- David Shankbone
- David Mamet, not doing so hot
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• That according to this New York Times analysis, even under President Obama’s tax plan, lots of people making lots of money wouldn’t pay more? (“A large majority of families making up to $300,000—as well as hundreds of thousands of families with even larger incomes—would not pay taxes at a higher marginal rate.”) —Steve Bogira
• About how Vice contributed to the downfall of Internet security’s answer to Pablo Escobar, and by lying on nutter/millionaire/possible drug dealer/murder suspect John McAfee’s behalf, compromised its ethics in doing so? —Asher Klein
• This oral history of the great TV show Freaks and Geeks? (“Once we hired Seth [Rogen], he said, ‘I was working with a drama coach. She was like, ‘You’ve got to change your voice or you’ll never get hired.” And I was thinking, That’s why I hate drama teachers.”) —Tal Rosenberg
• The history of AOL as told through Times crossword clues? —Sam Worley