- Courtesy U.S. Coast Guard via Getty Images
- Hey, remember that whole Deepwater Horizon thing?
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, alarm, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• That Dr. Patricia Marx may be suffering from circuitous spleen or feline tonsillitis, but, on the plus side, she probably doesn’t have Dutch elm disease? —Steve Bogira
• A reflection by photographer Sally Mann on her art, the ethics of photographing family members, and how her work has been received? —John Dunlevy
• That Tribune Media CEO Peter Liguori’s total compensation in 2014 was $23 million? —Tal Rosenberg
• About the state of offshore drilling five years after the Deepwater Horizon disaster? —Drew Hunt
• About what former CSO composer in residence Anna Clyne has been up to lately (e.g., a chamber opera about Emily Dickinson, a piece for 100 cellos commissioned by the LA Philharmonic)? —Kate Schmidt
• That Rahm Emanuel says the Bloomingdale Trail will open June 6? —Drew Hunt
• That regulators have halted all Pacific sardine fishing due to a catastrophic collapse in their numbers? —Mike Sula
• That Spotted Cow, the noted Wisconsin beer that’s only available within state limits, was being served illegally in a Minnesota bar? —Drew Hunt
• About Ernest Baker hanging out with Drake at Coachella? —Tal Rosenberg