- AP Photo/Susan Walsh
- Paul Ryan can’t remember his Irish history.
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• That the Tokyo Electric Power Company is cutting major corners in the ongoing Fukushima disaster cleanup? —Drew Hunt
• About whether Paul Ryan is suffering from Irish Alzheimer’s? —Steve Bogira
• That scientists have detected primordial B-mode polarization, which might be “a window back to almost the beginning of time itself”? —Gwynedd Stuart
• About the high-speed car chase that closed down Lake Shore Drive for nearly nine hours yesterday? —Tal Rosenberg
• About the squirrel that set off a power failure leading to the release of thousands of gallons of raw sewage into Lake Michigan? —Mick Dumke
• That the thieves who looted an Avondale man’s apartment held a pizza party while they were robbing him? —Tal Rosenberg
• That for some reason the Cubs have fired their team shrink? —Mick Dumke
• That Gary Burger, the front man of protopunk band the Monks, has died? —Leor Galil