- Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images
- Please start a book club, Bill Hader.
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• About health and housing in Chicago, and their relationships to crime? —Steve Bogira
• That IDOT is considering installing protected bike lanes, the city’s first, along a stretch of Clybourn? (It includes the intersection where Bobby Cann was struck and killed last year.) —Gwynedd Stuart
• About the composer Richard Strauss’s encounters with American GIs at the end of World War II? —Aimee Levitt
• That the New Republic, which recently published a piece denouncing the Ivy League’s hype, has a masthead full of Ivy League graduates? —Lucy Wang
• Or watch Keith Olbermann destroy the NFL for its handling of the Ray Rice situation? —Drew Hunt
• Bill Hader’s (pretty good) taste in books? —Tal Rosenberg
• This parody of “farm-to-table” restaurant menus? —Tal Rosenberg
• That after a week of all kinds of global and local shit, this old George Price cartoon from the New Yorker looks kinda hopeful? —Tony Adler