- Greg Skidmore
- Rand Paul don’t need no education.
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, alarm, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• That presidential hopeful Rand Paul wants to shut down the Department of Education? —Drew Hunt
• That in most swing states, legalizing pot is more popular than Rand Paul or any other presidential hopeful? —Mick Dumke
• That Phi Kappa Psi says it will “pursue all available legal action” against Rolling Stone for its retracted story of a gang rape at the University of Virginia? —J.R. Jones
• About what you have to do to be fired from Rolling Stone (at least if you were Jim DeRogatis in 1996)? —Aimee Levitt
• About the Finnish town that revamped its regional cuisine to improve heart health? —Drew Hunt
• That you’ll just have to hold it if you need to use the restroom while strolling along the Bloomingdale Trail? —Kevin Warwick
• The Wire and Treme creator David Simon interviewing The Wire writer and novelist Richard Price? —Tal Rosenberg
• That after their beloved Badgers lost to Duke in the NCAA men’s college basketball championship game, University of Wisconsin fans took to harassing a prized high school recruit on Twitter? —Drew Hunt