Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, alarm, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• That the city of Chicago’s free New Year’s Eve bash now costs a substantial amount of money? —Leor Galil
• Why you should always buy the men’s version of almost anything? —Sue Kwong
• About Michigan restaurateur Ibrahim Parlak, a Kurdish refugee from Turkey whose struggle with immigration authorities just never seems to end? —Tony Adler
• About what it’s like to be a reindeer herder in Kamchatka? —Aimee Levitt
• About how a “British Muslim family heading for Disneyland was barred from boarding a flight to Los Angeles by US authorities at London’s Gatwick airport” earlier this month? —John Dunlevy