Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, alarm, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• That Shakespeare may have smoked marijuana? —Tony Adler
• That the High Court of Ireland has refused to extradite Ali Charaf Damache, who’s wanted by the U.S. on terrorism charges, because of concerns that he might be sentenced to a federal supermax prison and thus be subject to cruel and unusual punishment? —Kate Schmidt
• That police shot another man in Ferguson last night after he allegedly opened fire on a car full of officers during a protest to commemorate the one-year anniversary of the killing of Michael Brown? —Aimee Levitt
• About why you shouldn’t immediately hop on the Megyn Kelly bandwagon? —Drew Hunt
• That anti-abortion activists don’t seem to realize that women already understand how their own bodies work? —Aimee Levitt
• That lower class New Orleanians are still struggling nearly a decade after Katrina? —Drew Hunt