We’re kicking off Giving Tuesday early this year! Your donation today will be matched up to $10K, doubling your impact! If you donate $50 today, the Reader will receive $100.
The Reader is now a community-funded nonprofit newsroom. Can we count on your support to help keep us publishing?
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, alarm, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• That Stan’s Donuts is opening in South Loop? —Sue Kwong
• This oldie-but-goodie about the guy who quit drinking five years ago and what he’s gained from it? —Kate Schmidt
• About how medieval and Renaissance Londoners embraced their version of the polar vortex whenever the Thames froze over? —Aimee Levitt
• About the renewed arguments over psychoanalysis versus cognitive behavioral therapy as the most effective long-term treatment for anxiety and depression? —Kate Schmidt
• That the man who built the Wacker Drive igloo is not homeless, as initially rumored? —Jake Malooley
• These astonishingly racist and bizarre remarks made by Maine governor Paul LePage? —Tal Rosenberg