Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, alarm, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
- About the link between warming temperatures and the cycle of Syrian violence? —Steve Bogira
- That Jake Arrieta has won the NL Cy Young Award, completing a Cubs’ trifecta? (Joe Maddon took manager of the year, Kris Bryant rookie of the year.) –Kate Schmidt
- That part of “You’re So Vain” is, in fact, about Warren Beatty? –Tal Rosenberg
- About John Kerry putting his foot in his mouth during remarks at the U.S. embassy in Paris? Distinguishing between the Friday the 13th attacks and the one against Charlie Hebdo, he seemed to suggest that the latter made sense. –Tony Adler
- About how Apple is losing some of its most hard-core music listeners? –Tal Rosenberg
- The debut column of Slate’s new Dear Prudence, twentysomething Mallory Ortberg? –Kate Schmidt