Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, alarm, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• How systemic racism has pervaded the Asian-American experience? —Sue Kwong
• That antioxidants might be bad for you? —Deanna Isaacs
• That bacon doesn’t really cause cancer? (Or at least, it probably won’t cause you to get cancer.) —Julia Thiel
• About America’s most haunted road? —Aimee Levitt
• About the cryotherapist whose frozen body was found dead in a tank? —Kate Schmidt
• About how Bernie Sanders will greet trick-or-treaters? (“You’re not going to get all the treats you deserve until we start a serious discussion about why you are all walking more blocks for less candy than ever before.”) —Steve Bogira