- Boston Dynamics’ new project?
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• That a baby appears to have been cured of HIV infection? —Tony Adler
• That the average bill for a trip to the ER is now more than a month’s rent? —Mick Dumke
• That, according to a Pentagon spokesperson quoted in the Borowitz Report, the sequester spending cuts jeopardize “our capacity to wage war willy-nilly”? —Steve Bogira
• John Jeremiah Sullivan writing in the Guardian on the perils of having a father who smokes? (The book this essay is taken from, Blood Horses, is highly recommended.) —Tal Rosenberg
• The annual VIDA tally of female bylines in national magazines? —Aimee Levitt
• That nasty reader comments affect other readers’ understanding and interpretation of online content? (Comments here include “I can relate this article.”) —Kate Schmidt
• Former Reader editor Michael Lenehan‘s story of Loyola’s groundbreaking 1963 NCAA championship in the Times? —Deanna Isaacs
• That Boston Dynamics is building robots that should terrify the hell out of you? —Kevin Warwick