- Charlie Llewellin/Wikimedia Commons
- Morrissey: Heaven knows he’s miserable now.
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• About the true story of the first Thanksgiving? —Tal Rosenberg
• How Thanksgiving would be covered if it happened in another country? —Mick Dumke
• Morrissey’s blistering critique of the annual presidential turkey pardon? —Aimee Levitt
• That astronomers have been able to watch a galaxy being born? —Aimee Levitt
• That Pakistan’s PTI Party claims to have identified the CIA’s station chief in Islamabad and wants him arrested in connection with a drone strike that killed five people? —Kate Schmidt
• That the Pittsburgh museum honoring playwright August Wilson is going through foreclosure? —Tony Adler
• About Simon Winchester’s job in a mortuary? —Aimee Levitt
• About the ongoing mystery of the Max Headroom-masked madman who jammed Chicago’s TV signals in the 80s? —Gwynedd Stuart
• About cockentrice, the 16th-century delicacy that could’ve been dreamed up by the mad doctor from The Human Centipede? —Tony Adler
• That there’s more Black Flag drama? —Luca Cimarusti