Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, alarm, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• About the gerrymander that failed in Columbia, Missouri, leaving a single college student with the power to pass or veto a sales tax increase? —Tony Adler
• That there’s an “official word” for every state, at least according to Slate? (Illinois gets “grabowski.”) —Aimee Levitt
• This epic tale of hardcore, drugs, a T-shirt empire, and the Red Sox-Yankees rivalry? —Aimee Levitt
• That Brendan Sodikoff might open a culinary school? —Tal Rosenberg
• That an all-day McDonald’s breakfast menu may lead to higher egg prices? —Brianna Wellen
• About Taco Bell’s latest attack on our digestive systems: the crispy chicken taco shell? —Brianna Wellen