Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, alarm, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• About Neal Pollack’s life-changing encounter with David Bowie during Bowie’s little-known mummy period? —Aimee Levitt
• That there’s a new service called Suburban Jungle to help yuppies transition from the city to the suburbs? —Ryan Smith
• That Terry Pratchett fans are circulating a petition to rename one of the new elements “Octarine” (symbol Oc) in honor of the color of magic in the Discworld books? —Aimee Levitt
• That idiosyncratic R&B artist Blowfly has terminal liver cancer and will release his final album next month? —Leor Galil
• That the Philadelphia Media Network, which owns the Philadelphia Inquirer, has been donated to a newly created nonprofit—and how that will work? —John Dunlevy
• That, according to Pete Wells, the matsutake mushroom bouillon at Per Se is “as murky and appealing as bong water”? —Aimee Levitt