- AP Photos
- Soaring over Siberia early this morning.
Reader staffers share stories that fascinate, amuse, or inspire us.
Hey, did you read:
• That an exploding meteorite injured more than 900 people in Siberia? —Mike Sula and Kate Schmidt
• That the Chicago Police Department has declared a vendetta against the gang to which Hadiya Pendleton’s alleged murderers belong? —Tony Adler
• That the company behind the new Ventra cards for the CTA and Pace has an F rating from the Better Business Bureau? —John Dunlevy
• The leader of the U. of C. crime lab discussing gun violence and the need to look tough in the hood? —Mick Dumke
• About the horrifying modern-day witch burnings in New Guinea? —Gwynedd Stuart
• That you may be hardwired to react poorly to stress? (Personally speaking, this explains a lot.) —Tal Rosenberg
• Deadspin’s piece on disgraced former University of Toledo track coach Kevin Hadsell, who makes Tiger Woods look like a gentleman? —Kate Schmidt