Each Friday, we recommend seven Old Movies to Watch Now, all of which come recommended by one of our critics and can currently be screened online. Read the review, watch the movie, feel accomplished.
• Cul-de-sac, Roman Polanski’s absurdist third feature.
• Happy Together, the Wong Kar-wai masterpiece.
• Hoop Dreams, an interesting companion piece to the recently recommended Lenny Cooke.
• Alexandra’s Project, a thriller from the underappreciated Australian director Rolf de Heer.
• Primer, the first feature by Upstream Color director Shane Carruth.
• Joyeux Noel, a holiday movie that doesn’t involve a talking snowman or a lamp shaped like a leg.
• Terror in a Texas Town, the sur-western by Joseph H. Lewis.
For even more selections, check out OMTWN, your go-to spot for streaming recommendations. Happy watching!