Each Friday, we recommend seven Old Movies to Watch Now, all of which come recommended by one of our critics and can currently be screened online. Read the review, watch the movie, feel accomplished.
• 12 Monkeys, Terry Gilliam’s SF mind bender.
• Walking and Talking, Nicole Holofcener’s first film.
• The Witnesses, Andre Techine’s drama about the AIDS epidemic.
• Manhattan, “Woody Allen’s great leap forward into character development and dramatic integrity,” according to Dave Kehr.
• Eyes Without a Face, Georges Franju’s horror classic.
• Orphans of the Storm, D.W. Griffith’s late silent epic.
• The Life of Oharu, the Kenji Mizoguchi masterpiece.
For even more selections, check out OMTWN, your go-to spot for streaming recommendations. Happy watching!