We’re kicking off Giving Tuesday early this year! Your donation today will be matched up to $10K, doubling your impact! If you donate $50 today, the Reader will receive $100.
The Reader is now a community-funded nonprofit newsroom. Can we count on your support to help keep us publishing?
At 5 PM Saturday, March 21, Governor J.B. Pritzker’s COVID-19 Executive Order No. 8, aka the Stay at Home order, took effect. Here’s a daily-ish journal of how Reader staff, our friends, family—and our pets—are spending our time.
Day 54: May 13
What we’re reading:
- The Reader!!
- Too many Google Sheets
- Articles about 45 botching the pandemic response— too many to link
- How to be an Antiracist by Ibram X. Kendi
What we’re listening to:
- Kinsey: A Memoir by Roy Kinsey
- Drifting by Alé
- My Reader colleagues all wishing me goodbye on my last All-Staff call *wipes tears*
What we’re watching:
- Feel Good on Netflix
- Hollywood on Netflix
- Nature via PBS Video
- “Long Lost Family” on a weekly video chat
What we’re cooking: