At 5 PM Saturday, March 21, Governor J.B. Pritzker’s COVID-19 Executive Order No. 8, aka the Stay at Home order, took effect. Here’s a daily-ish journal of how Reader staff, our friends, family—and our pets—are spending our time.
Days 15 and 16: April 4 and 5
What we’re reading:
- The sequence of Peanuts comic strips from 1976 in which Sally Brown’s elementary school building gets depressed and collapses
- Various AskMeFi questions, including this one about learning how to maintain good long-term relationships
- Care in Uncertain Times, a syllabus created by Duke University (available to read online until June 30, 2020)
What we’re listening to:
- Various “light rock” playlists that include songs like “Reminiscing” by Little River Band and “Harden my Heart” by Quarterflash (really, please check out that video)
- Back episodes of The Ben Joravsky Show
What haircuts we’re considering giving ourselves:
- Buffy Sainte-Marie’s shaggy bangs
- Model Jessy Parr’s cool waves
- Putting a bowl on top of our head and seeing how it all plays out
What we’re tweeting:
This would be a good time to reaffirm that my tweets are my own thoughts and not necessarily those of my employers, lovers, or food delivery drivers.
— Salem Collo-Julin (@hollo) April 2, 2020