A day-off short list of cheer for you. Thanks for hanging out on PSA land this year!
Good places to walk or ice skate:
- Burnham Nature Sanctuary
- Warren Park Ice Rink
- Water Tower Place (with social distancing and masks of course)
- Past Reader contributor Robert Loerzel just published Walking Chicago: 35 Tours of the Windy City’s Dynamic Neighborhoods and Famous Lakeshore, if you’d like to see better suggestions.
Two Reader readings on the season:
- Various dates through Wed 12/30: Ballet Chicago presents several different versions of The Nutcracker that they’ve done through the years, ticketed streaming hosted by the Athenaeum.
- Sat 12/26, 7 PM: The National Museum of Mexican Art presents “Beyond the Music: A Musical Geography of Mexico,” a virtual tour of the music of Mexico guided by the Sones de Mexico Ensemble and streamed live on the NMMA’s Facebook & YouTube pages.
- Sat 12/26, 8 PM: The Annoyance Theatre presents Superspread the Cheer, a holiday variety show in the Annoyance tradition.