Sales Representative (Full or Part time)
The Chicago Reader is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated individual looking for a new role in media sales.
As part of the Reader team, you’ll work in an exciting industry with an unlimited earning potential, and have the support of a knowledgeable and enthusiastic management team.
Sales representative responsibilities include selling print, digital, and events to local businesses.
Our Sales Representatives typically have:
- A minimum of 2 years of sales OR similar/transferable experience
- Knowledge of media/advertising products, including print and digital
- Working knowledge and experience utilizing a CRM (Salesforce preferred), Slack, and Google Suite products to manage day-to-day activities
- Effective relationship-building skills
- Demonstrated success in meeting revenue goals
- Excellent analytical, written, oral, communication, and presentation skills
- The ability to multitask with strong time and project management skills
Ideal candidates will also:
- Have a demonstrated ability to act as a qualified marketing consultant (you can talk the talk when it comes to advertising strategy and marketing goals)
- Possess working relationships with advertisers in Chicago, (health, real estate, and financial categories preferred)
- Excel at maintaining quotas and deadlines related to sales outreach and sales activity overall
- Understand and be excited about prospecting and building new business categories
The available compensation packages vary (based on full or part time), and include salary, commission, and health benefits.
Diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. The Reader is committed to creating a collaborative environment that celebrates the diversity of our staff. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
This is an ongoing search for qualified candidates for current AND future openings. For consideration, please send a resume and list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact qualified candidates; no phone calls, please.